- Visit https://developers.facebook.com/ to get started. If you do not have a developer account you can set one up easily.
- Once you are ready to go, click the “create new app” button in the top right hand corner of the page.
- You will be prompted to enter a name for your app (it doesn’t matter what you call it) as well as a namespace. The namespace value also does not matter however you can only enter letters or an error will appear and you will not be able to proceed.
- Once you have done these two things, click on “open graph” in the left column.
Enter “watch” in the first text box on the screen and “video” in the second.
- Click “get started”
- On the page that appears, scroll to the bottom and click “save changes”.
- Go to your home page on Facebook and you should see an invitation to tour your timeline, make changes or publish it.
Sunday, October 2, 2011
If you are interested in activating timeline for Facebook on your account before the release date on October 9th, follow the steps below. You should note that these changes will not be live for your friends to see until the official change over. Only other developers and you will be able to see the changes but it is a good chance to customize your timeline before your friends do!